LUNGMUSS FEUERFEST – Tradition meets Innovation

1958
Foundation of the Chemikalien-Gesellschaft by Hans Lungmuß. Start of the production in Dortmund (plant 1).
At the beginning mainly production of magnesite gunning mixes for steel works, particularly for open hearth furnaces.
1966
For the first time lining of a blast furnace runner in Germany with a synthetic ramming mix at the Hoesch Stahl AG by Lungmuß Feuerfest.
1970
First trials with Lungmuß‘ taphole clays for blast furnaces.
1971
Acquisition of further company premises in Dortmund (plant 2).
1973
Start of the fabrication of taphole clays on Germany’s state-of-the-art production line at that time.
For the first time single packaging in plastic bags.
1981
First company in Germany which developed tar free and pitch free taphole clays.
1993
Development of Lungmuß‘ Ladle Lining System for an optimized lining and use of monolithic ladles.
1996
Building of a new laboratory building. 
1999
Expansion of the headquarter.
2002
Development of a refractory concept for foundries.
2003
Building a new production line for taphole clays.
2005
Building a new production line for carbonic castables, gunning and ramming mixes.
2007
Start-up of a new plant for the production of refractory prefabricated parts (plant 3).
2008
Construction of a second production line for the fabrication of taphole clays.
2008
Foundation of a subsidiary „Lungmuß Feuerfest Czech Republic s. r. o.“ in Brno/Czech Republic.
2012
Plant extension and building of a new warehouse.
2013
Further extension of the headquarter.
2015
Extension of the factory premises by 10.000 sqm. Building of a new plant for prefabricated parts and steel manufacture (new plant 3).
Lungmuß Feuerfest: Headquarter and Plant 1, Franziusstraße
Lungmuß Feuerfest: Plant 2 and Plant 3, Sudkamp and Deusener Straße